Kids Protection Planning

Having A Will Does Not Protect Your Kids if the Unthinkable Happens to You!

At The Law Offices of Robert J. Galliano we are specially equipped to meet the unique planning needs of families with minor children, to make sure their kids are totally protected. Unlike traditional estate planning lawyers who focus their planning on the needs of elderly people, we are attuned to the concerns of parents and counsel our clients on issues such as choosing a guardian, how to best provide for long term expenses, and those related to blended families. We are also one of a limited number of firms that offer the Kids Protection Plan, which provides for the maximum protection of minor children.

What is a Kids Protection Plan?

A Kids Protection Plan is a set of instructions, legal documents and even an ID card for your wallet, which you need to have if you have kids at home who count on you for their well-being and care.

If you are in an accident, your Kids Protection Plan will make sure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services because the police don’t have clear instructions from you and that your children are raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by the State.

Why do I need one?

If you are a mom or dad with children at home under the age of 18, you need a Kids Protection Plan because if you don’t have one and you are in an accident, when the police show up at your house and find your kids home alone or with a babysitter, they have no choice but to call in Child Protective Services and have your kids removed from your home until they can figure out what to do. And, that’s just the short-term.

For their long-term care, your children would be at the mercy of an overcrowded state court system that could never determine what is in the best interest of your child as well as you can. A Court would make the decision about who should raise your kids. It’s very likely that a Court would not choose the same person or people you would choose.